Social Capital Market Coming To Africa; The Reality of a New Africa
Indeed, Africa on the whole is emerging impressively from its “lost decades” of the 1980s and ’90s. The decisive role of young Africans in designing the future they want, cannot be over emphasised. Beyond forming a critical mass of civil activists exhuming great pressures on all quarters of governance hitherto crippled by bad leadership, young Africans are largely contributive to Africa’s recent economic turn-around. By now, everyone has heard that Africa is the sixth world’s fastest-growing economies.
Welcome to the new Africa!!!
It is undeniably ready for take-off,
be assured this is no hype.
This brief, gives an exciting account of yet another young entrepreneurs doing Africa proud. The Executive Director, ImpactHouse International spoke passionately about impact investing, social entrepreneurship and his team’s efforts towards facilitating the sporadic growth of the strongmen of Africa’s future.
Our continent, Africa as an emerging market holds a great deal of fortune from a newly arising form of capitalism which recognizes the ability to direct the power and efficiency of market systems toward social impact. Social Capital Markets is dedicated to supporting the growth of this market.
In a deal fuelled by creativity, foresight and ImpactHouse‘s relentless effort in its commitment to bringing a contemporary edge to the Non State sector and promoting best practise to enhance sustainable development in Africa, the duo of Femi Aderibigbe (ImpactHouse International, Nigeria) and Peter Mbiyu (Edis Capital, Kenya) prompted by the statement above, dared bringing Social Capital Markets to Africa; a move which has caused the names of these young entrepreneurs written in history.
This partnership which is currently at its final stage would launch a series of SOCAPAfrica annual events facilitating the connection of leading global innovators – investors, foundations, institutions and social entrepreneurs – to build this market at the intersection of money and meaning.
SOCAPAfrica is billed for first official presentation before world’s leading social impact innovators at SOCAP 12 holding from the 1st – 4th October, 2012 at the Fort Mason Center in San Francisco, California. SOCAP12 will once again gather global innovators – investors, foundations, institutions, and social entrepreneurs – to celebrate directing the power and efficiency of capitalistic market systems toward social impact. Apply to attend SOCAP 12 here
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ABOUT SOCAPAFRICA AND DETAILS OF HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED
ImpactHouse International is a frontline youth-led Business and Social Development Consulting Firm based in Nigeria. Read more here http://www.imhouse.org/about.php
This post has been viewed1,101 views
Most viewed articles
- CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP - 2,634 views
- Swaziland’s budding floriculture industry #Investment - 2,320 views
- A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life - 1,766 views
- Tuition Scholarship for Management and Development of NGOs Seminar in Israel - 1,495 views
- 2nd African Young Development Practitioners’ Town Hall Meeting - 1,320 views
- Social Capital Market Coming To Africa; The Reality of a New Africa - 1,101 views
- CALL FOR PARTICIPATION FOR AFRICAN ROAD RALLY 2012 - 1,001 views
- CALL FOR IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS (Qualified and Registered NGOs & CSOs) - 948 views
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Program – Apply now! - 891 views
- Announcing $1 Million Fund for News Innovation - 824 views
- Mutiu on A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life
- ighofemoni ogba bright on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- ugbo gabriel k. on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- mahemi michael on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- Blessing Aigbodion on A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life