Introducing Capital Ideas
With Eric Savage & Kylie Charlton
Many are asking:
- What is my business strategy and is it, along with my finance strategy, realistic in the current environment?
- Are my current funding sources stable?
- Where will new capital come from?
- What will be the terms and conditions of new capital?
- How can I optimize my chance to successfully obtain finance?
We do not believe there are definitive answers to these questions nor do we believe anyone has a fool proof financing strategy for businesses – social or otherwise –in the current environment. We do however believe that refining and expanding your financing tool kit is more critical now then perhaps it has ever been. Not only are social entrepreneurs operating in a world with unprecedented turmoil in the financial markets but we are increasingly seeing innovation and new levels of sophistication in capital sources for social entrepreneurs. Long gone are the days when donated capital was the only source of funding. All manner of capital – debt, equity, grants and hybrid financing – is now available from a range of traditional and non-traditional sources with new players entering the market looking for strategic (and in some cases opportunistic) opportunities.
Over the course of the next six months you will find us on Social Edge every second week with the goal of helping you build your financing tool kit through sharing some of the insights the team at Unitus Capital has gained from working with clients to raise capital. We will introduce you to different types of capital and discuss the characteristics of such; look at how to determine the financing need of your business and define a financing strategy; unveil the critical elements of a successful pitch to potential financing sources; and provide guidance on identifying and selecting financing sources and building strategic relationships with these sources.
We look forward to seeing you next week with the first in a three part series on “Financing Alternatives: Debt, Equity and Grants”.
Culled from http://www.socialedge.org
Kylie Charlton and Eric Savage, are founding members of Unitus Capital (www.unituscapital.com) and between them have more than 30 years investment banking experience.
This post has been viewed427 views
Most viewed articles
- CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP - 2,593 views
- Swaziland’s budding floriculture industry #Investment - 2,312 views
- A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life - 1,743 views
- Tuition Scholarship for Management and Development of NGOs Seminar in Israel - 1,488 views
- 2nd African Young Development Practitioners’ Town Hall Meeting - 1,313 views
- Social Capital Market Coming To Africa; The Reality of a New Africa - 1,095 views
- CALL FOR PARTICIPATION FOR AFRICAN ROAD RALLY 2012 - 999 views
- CALL FOR IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS (Qualified and Registered NGOs & CSOs) - 941 views
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Program – Apply now! - 886 views
- Announcing $1 Million Fund for News Innovation - 817 views
- Mutiu on A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life
- ighofemoni ogba bright on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- ugbo gabriel k. on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- mahemi michael on CBN INTRODUCES ‘NIRSAL’ TO CLOSE AGRICULTURE FINANCING GAP
- Blessing Aigbodion on A Stand With Funmi Iyanda In A Bid To Change-A-Life