CALL FOR IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS (Qualified and Registered NGOs & CSOs)
CSR-in-Action, the collective action network, is currently managing a call for implementation partners for the Foundation of a most reputable indigenous energy company in the nation, as part of the organisation’sbid to ensure transparency and accountability of their processes.
The Foundation is an independent charity focused on the PLC’s effort to empower their communities and support the Nigerian Government to realise its developmental goals. The overall aim of the Foundation is to transform lives within their communities through education and economic empowerment.
The Adopt-A-School programme, an initiative driven by the Foundation, focuses on providing access to quality education through the following aims:
- Enhance educational infrastructure and improve the learning environment in public primary schools across Nigeria
- Provide educational resources and teaching aids for effective teaching and learning
- Train teachers to improve their competencies
- Provide assistance to gifted students with limited financial resources
- Strengthen the participation and ownership of the community in the development of the school to ensure sustainability.
The Adopt-A-School programme by the Foundation is currently running in the following states:
North: Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, FCT, Kwara, Taraba, Sokoto
South South: Akwa Ibom, Cross-River, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa
South West: Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun and Oyo
Non-Governmental Organisations and Civil Society Organisations should meet the following terms:
- Must have a strong focus on education
- Must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Must have been in existence for a minimum of 3 years
- Must have operational office(s) in the state(s) of interest
- Must have an audited account for a 3 year period
- Must possess a valid tax exemption certificate
- Must have a minimum number of ten (10) key staff on its payroll
Alongside above stated criteria, the Foundation expects technical partners to have expertise in the following areas:
- Teaching Training Management
- Scholarship Management
- Community Management
- Rehabilitation of school structures
Please send us the following to be shortlisted for the programme:
- Proof of focus on education. Address this using the following headers
- Areas of general capacity in programme implementation
- Areas of capacity in education programme delivery
- Copy of certificate of incorporation
- Addresses of offices in interest states
- 3-year audited report
- Valid tax exemption certificate or TIN registration certificate/proof
- Organisational chart
- Staff strength
- Project implementation history to date. Provide this information using the table below:
- Please upload reference letters from any 2 funders listed above and 2 sample reports sent to previous funders, if any.
Please send all required information in a zipped file, or a CD, for organisations in Lagos. Also, note that all you are required to send in at this point is just the aforementioned: you do not need to write a proposal!
To find out more information on the call for implementing partners or to inform us of your intent to apply, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com, or call +234 8076884871 or 08190481188. The deadline for applications is 14th June, 2012. Applications received after this date will not be considered.